Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

SHE'S HERE!!!!!




Our sweet baby girl made her appearance today!! Lilly Anne Kiley was born at 1:01pm this afternoon. She weighed 7 lbs 4ozs. She was 20 inches long. Everything went extremely easily as far as labor goes. We checked into the hospital at 6:00 am this morning. I was started on Pitocin at 7:30am. I didn't feel any contractions until my doctor broke my water at 9:30am. I was only in pain for about 45 minutes and then I had my epidural. Once that kicked in I was feeling great! I was even able to take a nap for a little bit. The nurse checked me around 11:00 and I was only dialated 4 cms. About an hour later I got really hot and nauseous so the nurse checked me again to see what was going on. I had already dialated to 10 cms! The nurse had me push a couple of times to see where I was and saw the baby's head. The doctor came in shortly after that and said that we could go ahead and push her on out. I told him..."No, we have to wait for mom and DeAnn". So once they got there it was around 12:30 and I started pushing. I pushed about 4 times and we had our little girl by 1:00!! Brad and I were shocked at how easily and smoothly everything went.



Lilly Anne is absolutely beautiful!! Mom and DeAnn decided right away that she looks like Brad with the exception of my nose. She had really high Apgar's. She scored an 8 at one minute and 9 at 5 minutes. She was kicking her legs away from the doctor as soon as she came out! She's a fiesty little one! She has been pretty sleepy the rest of the afternoon. We're still working on feeding. Other than that everything is perfect with her. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers during this joyous time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You make labor seem so easy!!! congrats to you and your hubby with the new addition! I am very happy for you both and I hope you guys are continually blessed :).